12-13-14 H2O’s Annual IDPA Classifier as a Match Match
Saturday, December 13, 2014
Shooting Starts at 10:00am
Cost: $20.00 per gun
Required Rounds: 90 (per gun)
All of the details you need to “pre-game” (aka there’s nothing secret or dynamic about the IDPA Classifier) are available at the International Defensive Pistol Association’s (IDPA’s) website: http://www.idpa.com/compete/rules
Registration / Pre-Registration
Download, print and fill out the top of our Classification Scoresheet (link follows) and bring it with you on the 13th to speed your registration process. Make sure you correctly and clearly print your IDPA Number at the top. If you are unsure of the division wait until the match and ask the Safety Officers.
If you want to “pre-register”, follow the instructions above (link below) and contact us email@example.com or 910-984-6701 to make delivery/payment arrangements.
Here’s the scoresheet in PDF format: 2014_1213_H2O_IDPAClassificationScoreSheet
You do not have to be an IDPA member to shoot this match. The classifier is a great “beginners” or “introductory” match. The round count is limited, the stages are published (above) so you can look them over, think them through, “air gun” them with your UNLOADED gun (or “pistol-fingers” are safer) at home before the match, and no one is out there to beat anyone.
If you are not a member – the scores don’t count. Simple.
If you want the scores to count (beginning your journey in IDPA):
1. Sign up *NOW* ( https://www.idpa.com/join-now ) and bring your “pending membership” information (all that you have) with you to the match. If you have signed up online and have not received your membership kit by match day – call them or email them Thursday or Friday before the match and get your number. **
2. Sign up with us on Match Day (online is easier and faster) but we will happily accommodate new memberships and post the scores to the IDPA as soon as you get us the number. IDPA does NOT send your membership information back to H2O if you sign up at the range/match – they only send it to you. **
** We will only add “membership number pending” scores to the IDPA Official database/site until Christmas Eve (December 24th) 2014. Do not call in January with your membership number and ask us to upload your classification scores.
*** Tips and Pointers and Important Notes ***
If you know (1) that you are going to shoot the classifier that day, and (2) you know you are going to classify in more than one division (more than one gun, not one gun ESP & SSP) please let us know in advance so we can set up enough bays and squads.
Bring extra ammunition!!! Remember: In the IDPA Classifier you can re-shoot a string because of “mental malfunction” and/or “gun/ammo malfunction.” The point of the classifier is to get you “ideally” ranked, not pushed down because you had to clear a clicker (or forgot that flat-footed reloads are still in effect until January 2015…).
Matches at H2O are run COLD RANGE: empty chambers, empty cylinders, empty magazine wells until instructed to “load and make ready” at the firing line.
Stage 1 Magazine Cheat Sheet (how to load to “make it quick”):
– Double-Stacks: 15, 6, 9
– Single-Stacks: 9 (8+1), 9 (8+1), 3, 3, 6
* SOs Note: Guns will be hot during scoring/pasting between strings 4 & 5.
* Single-Stack Note: There’s no good way to speed it up except – own more magazines =}
Stage 2 Double-Stack Magazine Cheat Sheet:
12, 6, 12
Stage 3 Magazine Cheat Sheet:
Jam them full! All reloads during Stage 3 are “chamber loaded” (slide forward/tac) – the extra weight helps in getting the magazine out of the gun. Just don’t press the release and let it fall on the ground (weighted mags tend to fly out of guns).