News of the week: The new IDPA rule book is available for ‘preview and comments’. Check it out at http://www.idpa.com
The weather report (wral’s http://www.wral.com/weather) says 83-85 degrees tomorrow, with a “slight chance” of showers or storms in the afternoon. Chicken Little’s report of “going to rain all day Saturday” is ~ hopefully ~ wrong. 83-85 is *hot* – concealment garments should not be ‘winter gear’. If you are planning to wear shorts over winterized legs: remember your sunscreen.
Registration and Orientation: 8:00am-9:00am. Shooting starts at 9:00am.
The bad news/good news item for Saturday: Chad won’t be here.
Bad news because we’ll miss you Chad and we don’t get to see and be *awed* by your shooting.
Good news because someone else gets to top the standings this time.
Scores (Adobe pdf files):
May 11th 2013 Overall
May 11th 2013 Individual Stages
May 11th 2013 Most Accurate Shooters
Thanks for a great match everybody.
Thanks again to Shari, Tim and Andy for the fast scores.
The ‘TSgt Adam Ginett – 1st Annual Pistol Shoot‘ (6-Stage IDPA Match) was a great success.
The most special thanks to all of you for coming out and shooting/supporting this.
There were approximately 93 total shooters.
Thank You again to Amp, all the S.O.s, scorekeepers, Allen/Tarheel Targets, Andy & Shari & Tim @ H2O, and those of you who ‘just helped out’ (paste-ing, resetting, cleaning brass, doing scores).
Again, thanks everyone and we’ll see you next year at the 2nd…
Scores for the 3.23.13 Mega-BUG Match:
Overall Match Scores
Most Accurate Shooters
** Thanks everyone for shooting today, it was a great match.
** Thanks Shari H. for the fast scores, and thanks Faith and Felicia for the help with the scores.
** We tried to get everyone ‘grouped’ into SSP or SSR, but some shooters are ranked in those divisions and the software won’t let us “unclassify” shooters so you ended up in your own group(s).
** Mike Jones your “Number One” is SSP-Sharpshooter; “Number Two” is ESP-Unclassified
3.19.13: The long range weather prediction(s) say: a little cool with a *chance* of sprinkles on Saturday the 23rd. Great shooting weather!
Full details in the Carolina Shooters Forums:
Link (new window) – ignore the dates at the start of the thread.
Short list of details:
* Register/Orientation 8:00am-9:00am; Shooting starts at 9:00am.
* 60 Rounds Total for the match (6 2-times-5-round-string stages)
* 3.5-inch max barrel length (longer guns can shoot, will incur a ‘procedural penalty’ for each stage)
* $15.00 per gun
* No Back Up Gun (BUG)? Allen at Tarheel Targets will have some ‘loaner guns’ – BYOA (bring the ammo) – see the forum post(s) for details
* Food/Beverage Vendor is NOT expected – eat breakfast before the match and expect to be done by lunch-time.
Scores expected to be done Saturday afternoon or evening and posted here.
Here’s the scoresheets for the Saturday, March 9th, 2013 IDPA Match at H2O:
Match Scores (Overall)
Most Accurate Shooters
Due to the cold and ICE the Back-Up Gun (B.U.G.) match scheduled for Jan. 26th, 2013 is cancelled. We have rescheduled the ‘MEGA-BUG’ match for Saturday, March 23rd, 2013. Allen @ Tarheel Targets will be holding a ‘MINI-BUG’ match after the full IDPA match on Saturday, February 9, 2013.
Details and pricing for the Feb. 9th matches soon.
2nd Saturday (Regular) Match: January 12th.
The weather forcasts all say “unseasonably warm” – 70s.
The food/beverage vendor has confirmed that they will be here Saturday.
Registration/Orientation from 9:00am until 10:00am.
Shooting starts at 10:00 a.m.
1.14.13: 94 Shooters – 97 Guns, it was a great match. Thanks everyone!
Scores: Overall Scores ~ Individual Stages ~ Most Accurate
4th Saturday BUG Match ( IDPA, H2O & Tarheel Targets )
This month we are planning a Back Up Gun (BUG) IDPA match for the 4th Saturday, the 26th.
This will be instead of a rim-fire match.
Full-Sized guns will be allowed – a ‘slightly modified’ BUG match – but magazines will have to be loaded to ‘small-gun’ capacities.
BUG matches have a lower round count than regular matches.
As we get more details from the planners we will update this post.
1.14.2013 Update re: BUG Match
We spoke with Allen over at Tarheel Targets at the Saturday Match and here are the details we have so far:
* 6 Stages (Split into two five-round strings each)
* No reloads ‘on the clock’ (reloads happen between strings)
* There will be NO drawing or concealment – stages will start with the gun at ‘low ready’, boxed, bagged, in a drawer, retrieved from a table/stand, etc.
* non-BUG guns (longer than 3.5-inches) are allowed – BUT, shooters using full-sized guns will get one ‘procedural penalty (3 seconds)’ per stage for the length (18 seconds total penalty).
* Tarheel Targets (Allen) will provide several options of ‘loaner gear’ (sub-compact semi-automatics and ‘snub’ revolvers) to those who want to shoot and do not have ‘BUGs’. There will be no ‘rental fees’ or hidden charges for using ‘borrowed gear’ to shoot the match. (** next)
* You will need to bring your own ammunition if you ‘borrow a BUG’. Guns available: 9mm, 38 Special (no +P), 380ACP, 40 S&W.
* If you are interested in using Tarheel Target’s gear please contact Allen Pier (go to http://www.tarheeltargets.com for the info) and R.S.V.P. and make any arrangements ASAP.
* Price: the ‘regular’ $15.00 per shooter per gun match fee.
Food/Beverage Vendor Status: 1.14.13 Unknown.